Disclosures Under Sec 4 of Right to Information Act 2005
NAGALAND KHADI AND VILLAGE INDUSTRIES BOARD
Right to information and obligations of public authorities
Sec 4 (1)(b) of RTI Act 2005
(i) The particulars of its organisation, functions and duties. Click here
(ii) The powers and duties of its officers and employees. Click here
(iii) The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability; Click here
(iv) The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions; Click here
(v) The rules, regulations, instructions, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions; Click here
(vi) a statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control; Click here
(vii) the particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof; Click here
(viii) a statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public; Click here
(ix) a directory of its officers and employees; Click here
(x) the monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations. Click here
(xi) the budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made; Click here
(xii) the manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes; Click here
(xiii) particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorisations granted by it; Click here
(xiv) details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form; Click here
(xv) the particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use; Click here
(xvi) the names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers; Click here
(xvii) such other information as may be prescribed; and thereafter update these publications every year; Click here
NAGALAND KHADI AND VILLAGE INDUSTRIES BOARD
(A Statutory body created by the Govt. of Nagaland, Act No. 5 of 1978)
NEAR CIVIL SECRETARIAT COMPLEX
KOHIMA � 797004, NAGALAND
Manual – I
PARTICULARS OF THE ORGANISATION, FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
The State Government as per the provisions of the Act appoints the Chairman and Board members. The Board members regulates the activities of the Board as per the direction of the Chairman. The Chief Executive Officer and Financial Adviser Cum-Chief Accounts Officer assist the Chairman for functioning of the Board in all respects.
Presently the Nagaland Khadi and Village Industries Board is headed by 1 (one) Chief Executive Officer, 1(one) Financial Adviser-cum-Chief Accounts Officer, 2(two) Jt. Chief Executive Officer, 2(two) Deputy Chief Executive Officer and also 15(fifteen) Executive Officer and subordinate technical personnel numbering 70 from Development Officer, Asst. Development Officer to Supervisor/Demonstrator are spread through out the State. Subordinate staff under establishment and Accounts section is of 101 Nos. including Driver and grade-IV staff.
Nagaland Khadi & Village Industries Board is a statutory body constituted by the State Government under an Act (No.5 of 1978) of Nagaland Legislative Assembly and it has started functioning since January 1979. The main function of the Board is to implement the programme in accordance with the Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC) patterns of assistance from time to time. Thus the NKVIB is not a profit making Organisation of its own, but to implement the programme/ Scheme of KVIC to the individual artisans, entrepreneurs, institutions and societies etc by providing assistance in the form of marginal grant to those beneficiaries financed by the bankers/direct financing under the pattern of KVIC scheme to promote various Khadi and V.I. activities in the State. (The Khadi & Village Industries Commission directly or indirectly provides all the Development activities under KVI sector in the State).
As per the provision of the Act, under Chapter- V, Clause-25 (i) the establishment and Administrative expenditures of the Board will be the sole responsibility of the State Government. Similarly it may grant subvention compensating irrecoverable debts. The State Government provides budgetary provision yearly on actual requirement to meet the committed expenditure for payment of salary and other establishment cost.
The Nagaland Khadi and Village Industries Board/Khadi and V.I. Commission have set before it the vision of Mahatma Gandhi to uplift the economy of the rural people and attain self reliance among themselves through cottage and tiny industries by providing them assistance to sustain their rural industries and thereby generate gainful opportunities for their self employment.
Keeping in tune with the message of Mahatma Gandhi to the younger generation to propagate the truth, righteousness and self reliance the Board/Commission has also planned an exposition of the self reliant KVI activities for the youth in order to generate awareness of the multifaceted rural development programme as an avenue for self employment and rural industrialization, thus carving the route to national prosperity.
The Mission of Nagaland Khadi and Village Industries Board is mainly to implement the Khadi and Village Industries programmes in the rural areas of the State under the guidelines of KVIC from time to time depending on the pattern of assistance framed against each scheme.
- To create employment opportunities in the non-farming sector in the rural areas at wages/earning which are, at least, comparable to the prevailing levels of wages in the farm sector during the non –peak season.
- To produce saleable articles or to provide service for which there is effective demand.
To support rural development in its widest sense and to improve the quality of life.
- To ensure employment at the doorsteps.
- To ensure production by the masses in the manner of self-employment.
- To harness human technology.
- To preserve environment.
- To impart dignity of labour.
- To manage with low capital.
- To rejuvenate rural economy.
- To act as bulwark against migration of population to city slums.
- To promote decentralized economic activities.
- To allocate prized assets among the dispossessed humanity.
- To invite participation of women in economic activity.
Nagaland Khadi & Village Industries Board has also set the following Broad objectives in the line with KVI C functioning which is the guiding principles of programme implementation: –
- The social objective of providing gainful employment opportunity in the village level and to build up stable rural economy.
- To provide training facilities to the rural artisans to create self-employment at the rural level.
III. The technical objective of improving the skill of existing artisans and transfer of improving technology to the rural people.
- To achieve the goal of rural industrialization.
Activities of the Board:
- Training programme:
- Awareness Camp
- People Education Programme
- Publicity & Information.
- Skilled Development
Board is having a Multi-Disciplinary Training Centre at Nagarjan, Dimapur to provide training facilities to the interested local artisans.
Bee keeping Farm:
Board is having a Bee-keeping Farm at Atoizu under Zunheboto District to promote and rear and distribution of bee colonies.
Apis Cerana Bee- breeding Centre:
Board has established bee breeding centre at Viswema to distribute the colonies within the area with a minimum prize under guideline of KVIC.
Type of scheme which are being implemented by the Board under KVIC norms.
- Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)– Applicable for individual, society, institution, unemployed youth etc.
- Scheme of fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI)– Any traditional industry working in a cluster consists of more than 250 workers is eligible.
- Production, Design, Intervention & Packaging (PRODIP) – this scheme is meant for promoting the research and development.
- Rural Industries Service Centre (RISC) –Any traditional industry running more than 3 years and extending servicing facilities to other units are eligible.
- Rural Industries Consultancy Cell (RICS) –this RICS cell provides guidelines and promotes the preparation of project profile under any scheme within the purview of KVIC implementation programme.
Duties of the Board (statutory body):
It is the duty of the Nagaland Khadi and Village Industries Board to carry out the objectives laid down/incorporated with the KVIC guidelines set for the Board in a transparent and effective manner. Apart from this, in the functioning of the Board it is also the duty of the board to adhere to the rules and regulations contained in the NKVIB Act (No. 5 of 1978 of Nagaland Legislative Assembly). The Board implements various programmes under KVIC as per the norms, policies and guidelines issued against each scheme by the KVIC from time to time.
Address of the Organisation:
NAGALAND KHADI AND VILLAGE INDUSTRIES BOARD
NEAR NAGALAND CIVIL SECRETARIATE COMPLEX
KOHIMA P.O. NAGALAND. PIN NO. 797004.
Tel. No. 0370-2270011-13.
Office timing (as governed by the State Govt.):
Summer: from 9.30 A.M to 4.30 P.M. (from 1st April – 30th Sept.)
Winter: from 9.oo A.M. to 4.00 P.M. (from 1st October – 31st Marc
Powers & Duties of Officers & Employees:
Click here to View
THE PROCEDURE FOLLOWED IN DECISION MAKING PROCESS INCLUDING CHANNELS OF SUPERVISION AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
In the narrative form, the stage through which procedure for decision making of each proposal may be shown in the format below:
|Activity||Level of action||Time frame|
|1.||Establishment||Chief Executive Officer – Receipt – Financial Adviser – Registrar – Superintendent (Estt.) – U.D.A. – L.D.A.> Supdt.(Esst))> Adm. Officer> F.A.> C.E.O||Waiting of files are routine work and no time frame or limit is fixed but early decision is taken as far as practicable.|
|2.||Development||Chief Executive Officer – Receipt – Financial Adviser – Dy. Executive Officer(Dev.) – Executive Officer – Superintendent (Dev.) – Development Officer – Asst. Development Officer – Supervisor/UDA/L.D.A
Vice versa. > UDA/LDA/Supervisor > A.D.O > D.O.> E.O>Dy. CEO> F.A.> C.E.O
|3.||Accounts & Budget||Chief Executive Officer – Receipt – Financial Adviser –Sr. Accountant – Accountant – U.D.A./L.D.A.
Vice-versa > L.D.A/U.D.A > Accountant > Sr. Accountant > F.A. > C.E.O.
|4.||Training||Chief Executive Officer– Receipt –Financial Adviser – Jt. Chief Executive Officer – Executive Officer – Development Officer – Asst. Development Officer – Instructor/Trainers. Vice-versa > Instructor/Trainer > A.D.O.> D.O> E.O > Jt. C.E.O > F.A.> C.E.O|
|5.||Statistical||Chief Executive Officer – Receipt –Dy. Chief Executive Officer– Statistical Officer – U.D.A./L.D.A.
Vice-versa > L.D.A/U.D.A >. Sr. S.O. > Dy. C.E.O. > C.E.O
|6.||Transport||Chief Executive Officer – Receipt – Financial Adviser – Registrar –– U.D.A./L.D.A.
Vice-versa > L.D.A/U.D.A >. Registrar > F.A > C.E.O
|7.||Civil works||Chief Executive Officer – Receipt – Financial Adviser – Engineering wing of Directorate of Ind.& Com.- Registrarr – Superintendent (Estt.) – U.D.A./L.D.A.
Vice-versa > L.D.A/U.D.A >. Supdt.(E) >Adm. Officer >Engg. wing of Direct. Of Ind.& Com. > F.A > C.E.O
1) Administration and financial decision:
The final decision is made by the Chairman basing on the suggestion/recommendation of C.E.O and F.A of the Board.
2) Channel of Supervision:
Chief Executive Officer supervises all the works of the department and respective section in-charge supervises the assignment/work/programme at the field level.
All the concerned Officers and Staff are accountable as per the assignment given.
4) Communication arrangement:
Communications of decisions to the public are made through official letter /orders/ scheme booklets/notifications/ Press releases Exhibitions/ Rural Industries Service Centre (R.I.S.C)/Banner & Posters/Awareness Camps/People Education Programmes in the College and School level.
5) Authority of final decision:
The main authority for the final decision making lies with the Chairman of the Board who have delegated authority as per the Board Act/Regulations and Chief Executive Officer execute the decision of the Board.
Norms set for discharge of its functions:
The norms standard set by the Board for execution of various activities:
Types of norms:
- Chairman: The Chairman of the Board is the final authority to give the decision for various activities and policies as per the provision of the Board Act/Regulations. The Chief Executive Officer will execute the Board decision and he will instruct the subordinate Officers from time to time to act upon the same.
- Staff norms: The staff shall serve the Board honestly & faithfully and shall use his/her utmost endeavor to promote the interest of the Board.
- Quality norms: The whole time of an employee of the Board shall be at the disposal of the Board and he or she shall serve the Board in its business in such capacity and at such place as he/she may be from time to time as directed.
- Monitoring & Evaluation norm: Annual Confidential Report (ACR) is prepared taking into account each employee performance.
|1||Implementation of KVIC scheme as per the guidelines prescribed for each scheme/project||Depending on type of project /scheme.|
|2||NKVIB is not a profit making organization and acting as an implementing agent for KVIC schemes for promoting rural industries in the State.||Depends on type of the projects/schemes.|
THE RULES, REGULATIONS, INSTRUCTIONS, MANUALS AND RECORDS HELD BY IT OR UNDER ITS CONTROL OR USED BY ITS EMPLOYEES FOR DISCHARGING ITS FUNCTIONS:
|Name of the Act, Rules, Regulations, Instructions, manual and records||Type of document||Brief gist of document||From where one can get a copy||Free charge by the Deptt. for the copy of Rules, Regulations, Instructions, manuals and records.|
|1.||Nagaland Khadi and Village Industries Board is a statutory body constituted by the State Govt. under an Act (No. of 1978) of Nagaland Legislative Assembly. Subsequently, the Board has framed Rules and Regulations which had been approved by the Government during the year 1988.||Establishment of NKVIB.||To promote, establish, execute and implement the KVIC programmes as per the Act||From the Office of the NKVIB, near Nagaland Secretariat Complex, Kohima.||On free of cost.|
|2.||Service Rules for NKVIB employees which were approved by the Govt. during the year 1995.||Service matters of the Board employees.||Rules and regulations and conditions for appointment and promotion etc. regarding service of the employees.||From the Office of the NKVIB, near Nagaland Secretariat Complex, Kohima||On free of cost.|
A Statement of the Categories of documents that are held by it or under its control:
|Name/nature/category of the documents||Name of the documents and its introduction in on line.||Procedure to obtain the document.||Held under control of|
|1.||Personal and administration||a) All the service records related to its employees.
b) Rules and regulations for regulating the service of the employees.
|On request and permission of the head of the department.||Establishment section.|
|2.||Development||Scheme proposals and type of schemes to be implemented under KVIC programme.||Development Officer, subordinate staff and P.I.O.||Development section.|
|3.||Accounts||Books of accounts of the NKVIB and related documents being maintained in accordance with the State Govt./KVIC norms.||Financial Adviser of the Board.||Accounts section.|
|4.||Training||Imparting various training programme at Multi-Disciplinary Training Centre at Dimapur under KVIC sponsorship and books of accounts are maintained at the training centre. Training calendar of the year is to be published by the Principal, MDTC.||All training programme calendars are available at MDTC, Dimapur.||Principal, MDTC, Nagarjan, Dimapur.|
|5.||Statistical||Records and datas relating to progress and achievement of the programmes undertaken by the NKVIB.||Sr. Statistical Officer and subordinate staff with the permission of C.E.O of the Board.||Sr. Statistical Officer, NKVIB Head Office, Kohima.|
|6.||Transport||Files relating to purchase and maintenance and allotment of vehicles.||Administrative Officer is I/c, Transport/Staff and P.I.O||Establishment section.|
|7.||Civil works||Records relating to Civil works of the department including renovation.||Engineering wing of Directorate of Ind. & Com. and Financial Adviser of the Board.||Financial Adviser/
Accounts section of NKVIB
THE PARTICULARS OF ANY ARRANGEMENT THAT EXISTS FOR CONSULTATION WITH OR REPRESENTATION BY, THE MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC IN RELATION TO THE FORMULATION OF ITS POLICY OR ADMINISTRATION :
1) The Board is empowered to make, vary and repeal the Rules /Regulations of the Board, subject to the Government approval thereafter. Accordingly from time to time rules and regulations are reviewed by the Board of Directors according to the necessity arise and subsequently send to the State Government for approval for regularization. The powers and duties of the Chairman of the Board are laid down in the Rules & Regulations.
2) The Board Chairman & Members are appointed by the State Government consisting of not less than 9 members and not more than 11. The Commissioner & Secretary (Industries & Commerce) and the Director of Ind. & Com. are nominated as Special Invitees.
3) Progress and achievement of various programmes implemented by the Board in the State of the year are used to be placed before the Board of Directors meeting for review of the problems and obstacles faced by the Board in implementation of the KVIC schemes as per their norms. The accounts of the Board are audited by the competent authority as directed by the State Government.
A STATEMENT OF BOARDS, COUNCIL, COMMITTEES AND OTHER BODIES CONSTITUTED AS ITS PART OR FOR THE PURPOSE OF ITS ADVICE, AND AS TO WHETHER MEETINGS OF THOSE BOARDS, COUNCIL, COMMITTEES AND OTHER BODIES ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, OR THE MINUTES OF SUCH MEETINGS ARE ACCESSIBLE FOR PUBLIC:
1) COMPOSITION OF PRESENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS UNDER NAGALAND KHADI AND VILLAGE INDUSTRIES BOARD APPOINTED BY THE STATE GOVERNMENT VIDE NOTIFICATION NO. IDB/ KVI-10/ (VOL.I) DATED 1-03-2017
- Shri. Neiphrezo Keditsu – Chairman.
2. Shri K. Jimo, C.E.O – Member Secretary.
3. Shri Pusazo – Member.
4. Smti. Banuo Sanchu – Member.
5. Shri. S. Khoiwang – Member.
6. Shri Hamnyei Phom – Member.
7. Shri Vehoshe – Member.
8. Shri Wati Temjen Walling – Member.
9. Shri Nchamo Kikon – Member.
10.Shri Vezokho Chotso – Member.
11.Rokhimong – Member
12.Commissioner. & Secretaryy (I&C) – Special Invitee.
13. Director (Industries & Commerce) – Special Invitee.
At present the following Committees are constituted in the organization.
- A) Departmental Screening Committee for A.C.P:
1) Chief Executive Officer – Chairman
2) Financial Adviser – Member.
3) Dy. Chief Executive Officer – Member.
4) Registrar – Member.
(The Departmental Screening Committee will submit the list of the employees eligible for A.C.P. to the State Govt. for scrutiny and final approval)
- Departmental Promotion Committee – cum – Organization Structure Review Committee:
- i) GAZETTED POST:
- a) By direct recruitment:
b) By promotion from the lower grade:
1) Chairman, NKVIB – Chairman
2) Secretary (Ind. & Com) or his representative – Member
3) Director (Ind. & Com) or his representative – Member
4) Chief Executive Officer, NKVIB – Member-Secretary
5) Financial Adviser – Member
6) 2 Board members as nominee of Chairman,
NKVIB (for one sitting only) – Member
- ii) NON GAZETTED POSTS:
1) Chief Executive officer, NKVIB – Chairman
2) Jt. Chief Executive officer, NKVIB – Member-Secretary
3) Financial Adviser – Member
iii) DEPARTMENTAL DISPOSAL COMMITTEE:
1) Financial Adviser – Chairman.
2) Dy. Chief Executive Officer – Member.
3) Registrar – Member.
Directory of its officers & employees:
Click here to view
The monthly remuneration received by each of its officer & employees including the system of compensation as provided in regulations:
THE BUDGET ALLOCATED TO EACH AGENCY INDICATING THE PARTICULARS OF ALL PLANS, PROPOSED EXPENDITURES AND REPORTS ON DISBURSEMENT MADE:
Data for incorporation in the Statement under FRBM to be furnished along with Budget Documents 2016-17: Employees in PSU and their salary
|Name of the PSU||Name of the controlling administrative Department||No. of employees as on 1-1-2017||Salary expenditure (Rs. Lakhs)|
2014 – 15
2016 – 17
2016 – 17
2017 – 18
2. Cont. 13
Fixed – 9
Implementation of subsidy programmes:
Particulars of recipient of concessions, permits or authorization granted by aid:
- Khadi and Village Industries products are totally exempted from paying the VAT as per Schedule-I, list of the exemption goods – at
Sl. No. 31 page-57 of the VAT Act. 2005 and VAT Rules, 2005.
- List of the items exempted from the VAT Act under Schedule – [section-13(i)] – Khadi and/or V.I. defined in the Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act, 1956.
- Condition and exemption for – when sold by a producer and organization certified by Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act, 1956 or statutory State Khadi and Village Industries Boards constituted under the Act of the State.
Details information available to, or held by its reduced in an electronic form:
The Nagaland Khadi and Village Industries Board�s information and activities/datas are available in the records which can be shared with the public, but not in the electronic form.
|Information/activities for which data is available in the office records.||Can it be shared with the public||Is it available on the website or is being used as back end database||With whom it is held/available||Whom, to contact|
|1.||Personal & Administration||Yes||N.A||Adm. Officer||PIO/APIO|
|2.||Promotion and development activities||
|3.||Finance & Accounts||Yes||N.A||F.A.||PIO/APIO|
Facilities available to citizens for obtaining information:
- Information Counter- : No specific Information Counter.
- Office Library : At present Board Office is not having Library.
However, scheme booklets and forms are distributed to the public for their information and applying the scheme.
- Notice Board : During office hours.
- Web site : Nil
- Printing manual : During office hours.
- System of issuing application
form and documents : During office hours.
Names designations for P.I.O:
- Departmental Appellate Authority (DAA)
|1.||Shri K. Jimo||C.E.O||0370||2270013||–||9436004390||Nil||NKVIB, Kohima.|
- Public Information Officer (PIO):
|1.||Smti. Anjali Kachari||Adl.. CEO||0370||–||8794880249||Nil||NKVIB, Kohima.|
- Assistant Public Information Officer (APIO)
|1.||Shri Zhalezo Zhasa||Executive Officer||–||9436434488||Nil||NKVIB, Kohima.|
MANUAL � XVII:
SUCH OTHER INFORMATIONS AS MAY BE PRESCRIBED AND THEREAFTER UPDATED EVERY YEAR:.
Right to information (Regulation of fee and cost) Rules, 2005:
In case somebody wants to get more information on the topic covered in the hand book as well as other information, they may make the payment and send their request in writing addressed to concerned officials of the Board:
- Anjali Kachari, Adl. Chief Executive Officer/Public Information Officer (PIO)
- Shri Zhalezo Zhasa, Executive Officer/Asst. Public Information Officer (APIO)
Address :“NAGALAND KHADI AND VILLAGE INDUSTRIES BOARD,
NEAR CIVIL SECRETATATE COMPLEX, KOHIMA– 797004”
- Application fee – Rs. 10/-
- Information in floppy/diskette – Rs.50/- per floppy/diskette.
- Information in CD – Rs.150/-
To obtain information, prescribed fee can be deposited in the cash counter of NKVIB, Kohima, in the form of Demand Draft/Bankers` Cheque in favour of Chief Executive Officer, Nagaland Khadi and Village Industries Board payable at Kohima.