Department Of Under Developed Agency (DUDA)
Disclosures Under Sec 4 of Right to Information Act 2005
Right to information and obligations of public authorities
Sec 4 (1)(b)
of RTI Act 2005
Department of Development of Underdeveloped Areas
Nagaland :: Kohima
The particulars of its organisation, functions and duties. Click here
(ii) The powers and duties of its officers and employees. Click here
(iii) The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels
of supervision and accountability; Click here
(iv) The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions; Click here
(v) The rules, regulations, instructions, instructions, manuals and records, held
by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions; Click here
(vi) a statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its
control; Click here
(vii) the particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with,
or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation
of its policy or implementation thereof; Click here
(viii) a statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting
of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice,
and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other
bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible
for public; Click here
(ix) a directory of its officers and employees; Click here
(x) the monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including
the system of compensation as provided in its regulations. Click here
(xi) the budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of
all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made; Click here
(xii) the manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts
allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes; Click here
(xiii) particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorisations
granted by it; Click here
(xiv) details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced
in an electronic form; Click here
(xv) the particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information,
including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for
public use; Click here
(xvi) the names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information
Officers; Click here
(xvii) such other information as may be prescribed; and thereafter update
these publications every year; Click here
Department of Development of Underdeveloped Areas
The Department for Development of Under Developed Areas, particularly for Tuensang (Undivided) i.e. including Longleng & Kiphire and Mon Districts (DUDA), was established in 2003 vide Government Notification No. AR-6/4/78 dated 23.6.2003. It became functional with posts and manpower drawn from the Departments of Planning & Co-ordination and NPWD on attachment/deputation basis.
The Department looks after various development programmes such as the Development of Under Developed Areas Programme (UDAP) for the underdeveloped districts of Mon, Tuensang, Longleng and Kiphire. Some designated backward pockets in other districts also fall under its purview, such as Peren & Tening (Peren District), Bhandari (Wokha District), Meluri (Phek District) and Aghunato & Satoi (Zunheboto District).
The Department also implements the Border Area Development Programme (BADP) for the twelve (13) RD blocks sharing international boundary with Myanmar. These are Noklak Thonoknyu & Panso (Tuensang); Phomching, Tobu, Chen, Angjangyang, Aboi & Mon Sadar (Mon); Meluri & Wazaho (Phek) & Pungro & Khongsa (Kiphire).
1.2. Department of Underdeveloped Areas deals with:-
- Reservation Policy for Backward Tribes.
- Nodal Deptt. for Social & Infrastructure Dev. Fund (SIDF) and it is also Nodal Deptt. for Special Package for Eastern Nagaland from 2012-13.
- Implementing Agency for TRIFED Projects, Ministry of Tribal Affairs (GoI) from 2017-18.
- Under Developed Areas Program (UDAP).
- Border Area Development Program (BADP).
- Any other activities assigned to the Department.
(a) Appointment, Promotion, Transfer and Posting, disciplinary action etc. of officers and ministerial staff under DUDA.
(b) Formulation and implementation of State and CSS Schemes.
- To ensure:
- proper administration of the Department.
- implementation of job reservation quota for Tuensang, Longleng, Mon and Kiphire districts in various Government services in Nagaland.
- carry out research and expert studies with a view to bring the above four districts at par with the rest of the State.
- carry out any other functions/assignments assigned to the Department by the State Government from time to time.
This Department, which was established to cater to the special needs of the underdeveloped areas, aspires to and hopes to improve the condition of the backward areas and accelerate the pace of development, thereby bringing them at par with the rest of the State in the near future.
1.4. Location / Address of Directorate:
The Directorate of DUDA is temporarily located at the Old NPSC Office Building behind the office of the Deputy Commissioner, Kohima, Nagaland in the main town.
Directorate of Under Developed Areas,
Behind Deputy Commissioner’s Office, Kohima- 797001, Nagaland.
1.5. Office Timing:
1st October to 28th February 1st March to 30th September
9:00 am – 3:30 pm 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Peons: – Act as assistant in the Branch in delivering files messages and information.
- Typist: –Concerned with all typing works.
- Secretariat Assistant / Jr. Section Officer: – They examine and process all the papers and cases received from the Department and also maintain files. They also look after receipt and dispatch of daks etc.
- Section Officer: – Branch Superintendent supervises and controls the working system of the whole branch and maintains the attendance of the staff in the Branch and also to ensure the smooth functioning of the works so as to implement the Govt. Policy of ‘No Work No Pay’.
- Secretary / Dy. Secretary / Under Secretary (DUDA): All files and daks go through the Under Secretary /Deputy Secretary/ Secretary of the Branch and after going through the files, Secretary will give the clear picture of the subject matter and will put up to higher authority for final decision. Under Secretary / Deputy Secretary/ Secretary also recommends Casual Leave and any other kind of leave in respect of the staff. Files which are approved by Principal Secretary are disposed off by the Under Secretary / Deputy Secretary.
- Principal Secretary : All files are submitted to the Principal Secretary for his approval and if any changes are to be made, Principal Secretary will send back the file with suggestions for resubmission after making necessary correction/rectification as suggested. In routine office works the final decision is taken by Principal Secretary, DUDA.
Advisor/Minister-in-Charge of DUDA: All Policy Matters are put up to Minister-in-charge of DUDA through Advisor of the Deptt. for final decision.
Cabinet: Important policy matters are put up to Cabinet for consideration and approval.
- Peons/Dak Runner :- Act as assistant in the Branch in delivering files, messages and informations.
- Typist/ Steno:- Concerned with all typing works.
- LDA/UDA/Asstt. Superintendent:- They process all the papers and cases received from the Department and also maintain files. They also look after receipt and dispatch of daks etc. And some assist in accounts works as Accountant & Cashier.
- Superintendent :– Superintendent supervises and controls the working system of the whole branch and maintains the attendance of the staff in the Branch and also ensures the smooth functioning of the works so as to implement the Govt. Policy of ‘ No Work No Pay’.
- Sr. Accounts Officer :- In the matters of drawal and sanction, all the proposals are routed through the Sr. Accounts Officer, who also looks after Budget & Accounts matters for the whole Directorate.
- Asstt. Project Officer / Asstt. Director / Dy. Director/ Jt. Director :– All Matters/Proposals relating to Development Programmes are initiated by the Assistant Project Officer or the Assistant Director through the Project Officer/ Deputy Director/Joint Director then to the Additional Director before reaching the Director for decision. The Joint Director is the D.D.O of the Directorate.
- Additional Director :– All files and daks go through the Additional Director and after going through the files, Addl. Director will give the clear picture of the subject matter and will put up to higher authority for final decision.
- Director :– All files are submitted to the Director for his approval and if any changes are to be made, Director will send back the file with suggestions for resubmission after making necessary correction/rectification as suggested. In routine office works the final decision is taken by Director.
2.2(ii). Engineering Wing:
- Peons :- Act as assistant in the Branch in delivering files messages and information.
- Typist :- Concerned with all the typing works.
- LDA/ UDA :- They process all the papers and cases received from the Department and also maintain files. They also look after receipt and dispatch of daks etc. And some of them assist in accounts works as Auditor, Accountant & Cashier.
- Jr. Divisional Accountant / Sr. Divisional Accountant :- They maintain the monthly account of the Division and assists the Divisional Accounts Officer.
- Divisional Accounts Officer :- In the matters of drawal and sanction, all the proposals are routed through the Divisional Accounts Officer, who also looks after Budget & Accounts matters for the Division.
- Junior Engineer / Sub- Divisional Officer :- They take care of all the technical works relating to capital section of the Department.
- Executive Engineer :- The Engineering Wing is headed by an EE who is also the D.D.O. He is in charge of technical supervision of various schemes on the ground.
3. Procedure followed in the decision making process under Section 4(1)(b)(iii) of Right to
Information Act, 2005.
The Procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision
In routine establishment matters, the final decision-making in DUDA Branch is vested with the Principal Secretary, DUDA. However, all policy matters are put up to Minister-in-Charge of DUDA and to Cabinet for final decision. All the papers relating to the DUDA Branch are processed in files by the dealing assistant who submits the file to the Section Officer who in turn submits to the Under Secretary – Deputy Secretary. Policy Matters to be submitted to Advisor / Minister, DUDA and Cabinet.
The Dealing Assistant put up the matter by giving the gist of the content which will be checked by the Section Officer to P&AR and Justice & Law Departments for their views and comments before taking final decision on the matter.
The Principal Secretary, DUDA is overall in-charge in the matter of administration and functioning of the Department and the Section Officer supervises the functioning of the Branch.
All officers and staff are accountable for timely discharge of papers/files and duties assigned to them and are accountable for their negligence.
The Directorate of DUDA deals with / implements the policy and administrative matters. After
proposals are received from the elected members, papers are initiated and processed through the Planning and Finance Departments. On receiving Administrative approval from the Government, Capital works are implemented by the Engineering Wing.
The Directorate also organizes Awareness / Exposure tours, capacity building programmes and holds medical camps.
The Director is the Head of the office and all decision making is vested in him. However, in cases of service matters, comments, views and approval are sought from Administrative Head of Department before taking specific decision.
All papers relating to the Directorate are routed through the Joint Director and Additional Director before going to the Director for approval/decision. The Joint Director is the DDO of the Directorate.
Papers relating to establishment matters are generally processed initially at the level of LDA and UDA who submits the file to the Branch Superintendent, who in turn submits to the Assistant Director and then to the Additional Director.
Matters/Proposals relating to Development Programmes are initiated by the Assistant Project Officer or the Assistant Director through the Project Officer/ Deputy Director/Joint Director then to the Additional Director before reaching the Director for decision.
Directorate officers, alongwith representatives from engineering wing have been constituted into four teams for monitoring all schemes under implementation. Only after completion certificate is issued by the different teams responsible for different sectors, the list is sent to Executive Engineer for release of fund.
In the matters of drawal and sanction all the proposals are routed through the Sr. Accounts Officer, who also looks after Budget & Accounts matters for the whole Directorate.
The Engineering wing is headed by an Executive Engineer who alongwith other technical staff are deputed from NPWD to implement and oversee the technical works. The Executive Engineer is the D.D.O. for the Engineering wing.
Papers initiated from the Engineering wing are submitted to the Director through the Additional Director after which necessary action is taken. Release of funds is routed through proper channel and is subject to approval of the HOD based on Completion Certificates submitted by the various verification committees.
In discharging its
functions, DUDA follows the norms set by the Government of Nagaland in:
i. Manual of office procedures.
ii. Nagaland Financial Rules.
iii. Delegation of Financial and Cognate Power 1964.
iv. Leave Rules 1972.
v. General Provident Fund Rules.
vi. The Nagaland Government Servant Conduct Rules 1968
vii. Suspension and Reinstatement.
viii. Fundamental Rules and Supplementary Rules.
ix. General Financial Rules.
x. Procedure in Departmental inquiries.
xi. The Nagaland Service (Discipline and Appeal) Rules 1967.
rules, and other Rules and regulations issued by the State and Central
Govt. from time to time.
In discharging its
functions the Department of Underdeveloped Areas follows the norms set by
the Government of Nagaland in the Nagaland Manual of Office procedure. In
addition, the Department follows guidelines, Orders, Memoranda, Acts and
Rules and Regulations issued by the State Government and Central Government
from time to time.
The Department does not have any specific Acts and Rules under its control
or administered by it. The business in the Department is carried out with
reference to the instructions, rules and regulations issued thereof by the
Government of Nagaland.
by/Under control of
The Department of Underdeveloped
Areas managed the official documents as per the norms laid down by
the Government. Such as Govt. Orders, Sanctions, Notifications,
Memoranda, Minutes, Report files, Establishment Files, Receipt and
Dispatch. Daily attendance Register is maintained by the Branch
General Administration, Appointment,
confirmation of service, maintenance of personal files
Superintendent/ Divisional LDA
Research & Planning
Preparation of Annual and Five
year plan documents, Achievement Reports, Scholarship for meritorious
BADP, Tuensang/Mon Seminar
UDAP, PM’s package,
Job Reservation Policy, Annual
Bills & Cash, Budget estimate,
Revised estimate documents, GPF, T.A., Monthly expenditure statements,
Reconciliation of expenditure,Audit & PAC correspondence
Divisional Accounts Officer
Particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation
with, or representation by the members of the public in relation to the
formulation of its policy or implementation thereof under Section 4(1)(b)(vii)
of Right to Information Act, 2005
No provision as such
A statement of the Boards, Councils, committees and other bodies consisting
of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its
advice, and as to whether meetings of those Boards, Councils, Committees
and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings
are accessible for public under section 4(1)(b)(viii) of Right to Information
select schemes to be implemented under UDAP
level Selection Committee under Chairmanship of the Chief Minister,
Nagaland. Members include:
One MLA/Minister from each of the four districts
Director, DUDA & concerned officers
select schemes to be implemented under BADP
level Selection Committee under Chairmanship of the Chief Secretary,
Nagaland. Members include:
Officials from MHA, GOI
Mon,Tuensang, Kiphire & Phek or their Representative
from Planning & Co-ordination and BRTF
DUDA & concerned officers
select candidates for award of special grants to meritorious BT students
of the four Districts of Mon, Tuensang, Longleng & Kiphire
Board consists of:
DUDA & concerned officers
E mail ID
1. Shri. Senti Ao, IAS Secretary
SENT/.SAIATS@gmail.com 2. Smti. Lerüüno Barbara Addl. Secretary
3. Shri. Thsatingse Sangtam Joint Secretary
4. Shri. L.Tongna Konyak Deputy Secretary
5. Shri. Imsünungsang Under Secretary
6. Smti.Arenla Imchen Section Officer
7. Shri. Yangrise Sangtam Secretariat Assistant
Yangs85rudy@gmail.com 8. Shri. I. Changsang John Secretariat Assistant
email@example.com 9. Smti. Selongla Sangtam Typist
10. Shri. H. Chopongse U.D.A
11. Smti. Sentimenla Typist Gr-III
12. Shri. Imti Chang Office Peon 13. Smti. Abeni Office Peon
9.1(ii). Directorate (Present status):
E mail ID
1. Shri. K.S. Anden Konyak, NCS Director 0370 2290240 2. Smti. Nina Kire Addl. Director 0370 2290269 3. Dr. Anungla Imdong Phom Jt. Director 9436012373 4. Shri. Hichulo Rengma Dy. Director 8415068522 5. Shri. Thepfuzakie Angami Project Officer 9436010175 6. Shri. Y.T. Manlem Konyak Asst. Director 9436657438 7. Shri.B.Chingmei Phom Statistician 9436000026 8. Shri.Adi Sangtam Asstt. Project Officer 8974052450 9. Miss. P.Ellen Konyak Asstt. Project Officer 9612315144 11. Shri. A. Ariba Yimchunger Project Assistant 8731891105
(iii). Directorate: Establishment Branch
E mail ID
1. Shri. T. Malang Superintendent 9402485829 2. Shri. Johny Lichomong LDA 9436064435 3. Shri. Chauba Phom LDA 8974761394 4. Shri. M. Khampong Konyak LDA 9862984763 5. Smti. Chubamenla Typist 9856821425 6. Smti. Amin Konyak Steno Gr.III 9436604494 7. Smti.Khrielhouvoü Carmela Steno Gr. III 9615578754 8. Shri. N. Leakba Konyak LDA 9862984763 9. Shri. Pusho. C. Thai LDA 9089874320 10. Shri. Moamanen Asung Planning Asstt. 9436435933 11. Shri. Along Longkumer Planning Asstt. 9089414307 12. Shri.K.Limameren Chang Driver 9612506498 13. Shri.Honkai Konyak Driver 9436814066 14. Shri.M.Wanglang Konyak Driver 9615120178 15. Shri.Kilangmeren Sangtam Driver 9856044110 16. Shri.P.Pangteang Konyak Driver 8974763533 17. Shri.P.Pupoi Khiam Peon-cum-Chowkidar 9436601407 18. Shri.Y.Yopong Konyak Peon 9612002355 19. Shri.C.Yimpen Phom Peon 9402469807 20. Shri. C. Ngaku Chang Driver 8974372911 21. Shri. T. Ponglise Sangtam Driver 8974877747 22. Shri. A. Yangsthrong Sangtam Driver 9612105340 23. Shri.S.Puchio Driver 9862359199 24. Shri.T.PupoiKhiamniungan Driver 8731007409 25. Shri.J.Tinglak Konyak Driver 9436015167 26. Shri.L.Pamzei Konyak Driver 9862288006 27. Nokpai Konyak Driver 8131899708 28. Shri.Chingnyem Konyak Driver 8730066167 29. Shri.Y.Nokyeih Konyak Driver 30. Shri.Naiwang Konyak Driver 31. Shri.N. Kangteng Phom Driver 32. Smt.M.BendangNaro Phom Sweeper 8413871335 33. Smt.Pongjai Konyak Sweeper 8730053652 34. Smt. M.Nyungtiangla Phom Sweeper 9612828336 35. Smt. Mhalo Lotha Sweeper 8731812656 36. Shri. Lipongkyu Sangtam Peon 9774685866 37. Smt.K.Langmei Phom Peon 38. Smt. Mentao Konyak Peon 39. Shri.T.Khumcholi Sangtam Peon 8974468357 40. Shri.E.Thaosa Konyak Dak Runner 9612495386 41. Smt.M.Theiyongla Phom Day Chowkidar 8132869454 42. Shri.H.Nyagyung Phom Day Chowkidar 9862385427 43. Shri.A.Langphoang Konyak P/Peon 8731857661 44. Shri.L.Manton Konyak SA 9402779650 45. Shri.C.Chingnyoi Konyak SA 8974400492 46. Shri.L.Khamyuh Konyak SA 8974357938 47. Shri.H.ShitopongYimchunger SA 9436071295/9862007998 48. Shri.W.Shakoe Konyak SA 8730006753 49. Shri.Nyempang Konyak SA 8132864633 50. Shri.Panghong Konyak SA 8730954528 51. Shri.K.Pangtok Konyak SA 9862708243 52. Shri.N.Sangti Konyak SA 8974633979 53. Shri.B.Hennyem Phom SA 9862323817 54. Shri.Mangkochingba Phom SA 9436809208/8132870715 55. Shri.L.Lolen Haulem Chang SA 8974306384 56. Shri.Y.Hanso Sangtam SA 9862257847 57. Smt.Thsidipila Sangtam SA 9615274048 58. Shri. Longshen Khiamniungan SA 9402495538/9402431777 59. Shri.Yamsuthong Khiamniungan SA 9862874330 60. Shri.Z.Akhum Yim SA 9862872800 61. Shri.T.Chokimong Sangtam SA 9862091984 62. Shri. Kiutsu Yimchunger SA 63. Shri K.Kamjai Konyak SA 9862563063
(iv). 65.Directorate: Accounts Branch
1. Shri. Nosevol Kin Sr. A.O
2. Shri. Aotemsu Asstt. Superintendent
9.2(i). Engineering Division: Kohima
E mail ID
1. Er. T. Sao Sangtam Executive Engineer 9862899821 2. Er.Imti Chang Sub-Divisional Officer 8729931698 3. Shri. Chingshen C. Phom Jr. Engineer 9436609262 4. Shri. Lachimba Yim Jr. Engineer 9862203504 5. Shri. Diethoketou Kehie Jr. Engineer 9863812238 6. Tiakaba Jamir SDHA 9862109523 7. Shri. Tsukti Jamir Steno Gr-III 9436604575 8. Shri. Teiso Angami UDA 9436816964 9. Shri. I. Temsu Jamir UDA 8974036863 10. Shri. K.Meren Chang UDA 9436439245 11. Smti. Rozalita K. Shohe LDA 9862128296 12. Smti. Jaoya Konyak LDA 8415068593 13. Shri. L. Peshing Driver 9436814671 14. Smti. Lwethei-ü Kapfo Typist 9615594912 15. Smti. Themsho khiam Gr-IV/ Typist 16. Shri. Neivituo Dzuvichu Chowkidar 8974532341 17. Shri. Gaiwang Konyak Chowkidar 8119069800 18. Shri. Ganesh Sharma Office Peon 9774023858 19. Shri. Yongponse Sangtam Office Peon 20. Smti. Manju Thapa Jugali 9856151418 21. Smti. Neilavi-ü Su Sweeper 9856185829
(ii). Engineering Division: Accounts Branch.
1. Shri. Daniel Imti Divisional Accounts Officer
2. Shri.Vichasa Yashu Sr. D.A.
3 Smt. Ruthsan . Y JDA
(iii). Engineering Sub-Division, Mon:
E mail ID
1. Shri. K.Moba Konyak Sub-Divisional Officer
2. Smti. Hongnyai Konyak LDA cum Typist 3. Shri.Yuyai Konyak Chowkidar 4. Shri.E.Hanghuh Konyak Office Peon
5. Shri. Nganwang Konyak Office Peon 6. Smti. Ngongam Konyak Sweeper
(iv). Engineering Sub-Division, Tuensang:
E mail ID
1. Er. H.T.Yanger Sub-Divisional Officer
2. Shri. Tsarise Sangtam Jr. Engineer
3. Shri. Abraham Kurian Jr.Engineer
Budget allocation of each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all
plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made under section
4(1)(b)(xi) of Right to Information Act, 2005
Details of the Budget Estimate from 2017-18 for all these are given below:
Allocated Head of Account
4575-03-800-01 13 Major Works 26 Other Charges
4575-03-800-02 13 Major Works 26 Other Charges
2100.00 2100.00 2100.00
4850.00 4850.00 5554.92
The Department of Underdeveloped Areas has been implementing a scheme called Special Grant to meritorious students of ENPO students studying in Tuensang, Mon, Longleng and Kiphire Districts from 2009-2010 under UDAP, Research and Planning. This programme was converted into “Tutorials/Coaching classes programme for students of class X in Eastern Nagaland.” Nominal fees were given to subject teachers. Tuition could not be given to all the high schools at a time due to financial constraint. However, the Department could extend to HSLC exam centres namely:-
1. Tuensang District:
i) GHSS Tuensang
ii) GHSS Thangjam
iii) B/Thangyen School
iv) GHSS Shamator
v) GHSS Noklak
2. Mon District:
i) GHSS Mon
ii) Konjong HSS Mon
iv) DBS Mon
v) GHSS Aboi
vi) GHSS Tizit
3. Kiphire District:
i) GHSS Kiphire
ii) Loyola HSS Kiphire
iii) GHSS Pungro
4. Longleng District:
i) GHSS Longleng
ii) Phom Lempong School, Longleng
iii) Mt. Carmel School, Longleng.
The Scheme was done through DEO/Principal/ JEO during 2015-16.
in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an
Title of the document/record
Location where available
Name of Officer with Post/Address
Secretariat: 1. Appellate Authority Shri.Senti Ao,IAS
Nagaland Civil Secretariat,
9436013617 2. PIO Smti. Lerüüno Barbara, Jt. Secy 9856872794 3. APIO Shri. L. Tongna Konyak Dy. Secy 9436001222 Directorate: 1. Appellate Authority Shri. K.S. Anden Konyak Director, DUDA,
Behind Deputy Commissioner’s Office,
0370 2290240 (O)
2. PIO Er. Sao Sangtam, Executive Engineer, DUDA
Behind Deputy Commissioner’s Office,
0370 2290269 (O)
3. APIO 1. Er.Imti Chang, SDO, DUDA,
2. Er.K. Moba, SDO, DUDA,
3. Er.Yanger Phom, SDO, DUDA,
4. Smti. P. Ellen Konyak, APO,
DUDA, Kohima, Nagaland
17. Such other information as may be prescribed and thereafter updated every
year under Section 4 (1)(b)(xvii) :-
Click here to view….